Why We Offer a Scholarship
We believe post-secondary education can lead to greater opportunities and prosperity, not only for the individual but the community as well. We have seen what these scholarships mean to the students, and how they help students achieve their educational goals. Providing scholarships is a meaningful way to support our community beyond telecommunication services.
Therefore, we are pleased to offer seven $1500 scholarships to high school students pursuing post-secondary education. We wish all applicants the best of luck!
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Our scholarship program is intended to help offset some of the costs of higher education, and recognize students with noteworthy community and/or school involvement who will be pursuing a career in telecommunications, technology, or business.
To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- High school senior currently attending one of the schools listed below and planning or accepted to attend an accredited college, trade or technical school. (Deferments will not be allowed at this time.)
- Parent/guardian is an All West Communications customer. (You may apply if your parent/guardian has an application on file to obtain All West services.)
- Letter of recommendation from principal or teacher.
- Complete online application/essay questions by the March 22, 2021 deadline.
- If chosen, acceptance letter or class schedule from accredited college, trade or technical school to act as proof of enrollment. (Award check will not be granted without this.)
- Must be a current student at one of the following schools:
How to Apply
Complete the online application by March 22, 2021.
(Applications received after this date will not be considered.)
Please note: A letter of recommendation from your principal or teacher is required. Please have that available before you begin filling out the application.
Applications will be based on the following criteria:
-Noteworthy community and/or school involvement
-Future goals include rural betterment and/or pursuing field in telecommunications, technology or business
-Spelling and grammar