Make sure your business is making the most of its Chamber of Commerce membership
Being a member of your local Chamber of Commerce can have big benefits to your business. Membership fees are relatively low, and the networking, advertising and learning opportunities are invaluable! Here are just a few of the benefits that membership can bring:
- Increase positive perception and credibility – Being a member shows you're invested in the community and want to be part of its continued success.
- Expand your brand and advertising efforts – As a member you will be listed in chamber publications and included on the chamber website and often on social media posts. You may even be able to post an ad in a chamber newsletter. Chambers often offer monthly business spotlights and promote ribbon-cutting ceremonies—where YOU could be highlighted.
- Grow your network and sales leads – Attending chamber events or serving on chamber committees are a great way to grow your network and hear from other business owners how they’ve been successful. You might find a business to partner with or hire on to help with your marketing, PR or telecommunications needs. Or you could meet a few potential customers and grow your database of sales leads.
- Have a voice in local government – Chambers of Commerce often take on issues facing small businesses—like new regulations, taxes, fees or assessments. You can speak up for the interests of local businesses.
- Develop new skills – Chambers are a great resource for courses, workshops and articles that can help you and your business grow. Chamber luncheons often center around learning something new—whether that be how to win at social media or the latest tax laws for incorporated businesses.
Check out one of these great chamber websites for specific details about what their membership can provide: