All West's scholarship application asks four questions—about a student's community service, how internet access helps communities prosper, how the student chose their college, and how receiving the scholarship will help achieve long-term goals. A letter of reference was also required. All West had more than 55 well-crafted applications—making for some fierce competition. However, the following students rose to the top and will each receive a $1500 scholarship:
All West Scholarship
Thank you to all our seniors who applied. See this year’s recipients below.
Kailee Freeman – South Summit High School, Utah
Tracyn Otterness – North Summit High School, Utah
Sydney Hatch – Rich High School, Utah
Mallory Hoffman – Cokeville High School, Wyo.
Kai Haukaas – Evanston High School, Wyo.
Grace Banks – Rock Springs High School, Wyo.
Heather Gibson – Green River High School, Wyo.
Why We Offer a Scholarship
We believe post-secondary education can lead to greater opportunities and prosperity, not only for the individual but the community as well. We have seen what these scholarships mean to the students, and how they help students achieve their educational goals. Providing scholarships is a meaningful way to support our community beyond telecommunication services.
We are pleased to offer seven $1500 scholarships to high school students pursuing post-secondary education. We wish all applicants the best of luck!
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Our scholarship program is intended to help offset some of the costs of higher education, and recognize students with noteworthy community and/or school involvement and who will be pursuing a career in telecommunications, technology, or business.
To apply, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- High school senior who is planning or accepted to attend an accredited college, trade or technical school.
- Parent/guardian is an All West customer.
- Deadline extended to April 6, 2020. Please submit all applications by this date.
- Letter of recommendation from principal or teacher.
- If chosen, acceptance letter or class schedule from accredited college, trade or technical school to act as proof of enrollment. (Award check will not be granted without this.)
How to Apply
Thank you to all our seniors who applied. We are reviewing applications.
Please note: A letter of recommendation from your principal or teacher is required so please have that available before you begin filling out the application.
Applications will be based on the following criteria:
- Noteworthy community and/or school involvement
- Future goals include rural betterment and/or pursuing field in telecommunications, technology or business
- Spelling and grammar
Schedule and Deadlines
- January 15, 2020 -- Application process opens
- April 6, 2020 -- Applications due
- April 27, 2020 -- Winners selected / schools will be notified
- Throughout May -- Winners announced at school assemblies
- July 31, 2020 -- Acceptance letter / proof of enrollment due*
*Deferments will not be allowed at this time. Checks will be mailed directly to student once proof of enrollment is received.