All West Scholarship
The scholarship application for the 2020—2021 school year is now open! Please see eligibility and application link below. And good luck!
Why We Offer a Scholarship
We are pleased to offer eight $1,500 scholarships to local high school students pursuing post-secondary education.
We believe continued education can lead to greater opportunities and prosperity, not only for the individual but the community as well. We have seen what these scholarships mean to the students, and how they help students achieve their educational goals. Providing scholarships is a meaningful way to support our community beyond telecommunication services.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Our scholarship program is intended to help offset some of the costs of higher education, and recognize students with noteworthy community and/or school involvement who will be pursuing a career in telecommunications, technology, or business.
To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- High school senior currently attending one of the schools listed below and planning or accepted to attend an accredited college, trade or technical school. (Deferments will not be allowed at this time.)
- Parent/guardian is an All West Communications customer. (You may apply if your parent/guardian has an application on file to obtain All West services.)
- Letter of recommendation from principal or teacher.
- Complete online application/essay questions by the March 22, 2021 deadline.
- If chosen, acceptance letter or class schedule from accredited college, trade or technical school to act as proof of enrollment. You will also be required to fill out a W-9 Form. (Award check will not be granted without these items.)
- Cokeville (Wyo.)
- Evanston (Wyo.)
- Green River (Wyo.)
- Kemmerer (Wyo.)
- North Summit (Coalville, Utah)
- Rich (Randolph, Utah)
- Rock Springs (Wyo.)
- South Summit (Kamas, Utah)
How to Apply
You can access the application link below.
Please note: A letter of recommendation from your principal or teacher is required, so please have that available before you begin filling out the application.
Applications will be based on the following criteria:
- Noteworthy community and/or school involvement.
- Future goals include rural betterment and/or pursuing field in telecommunications, technology, or business.
- Spelling and grammar will count.
Schedule and Deadlines
- January 11, 2021 — Application process opens.
- March 22, 2021 — Applications due.
- April 16, 2021 — Winners selected / schools will be notified.
- Throughout May — Winners announced at school assemblies.
- July 31, 2021 — Acceptance letter / proof of enrollment and W-9 form due.*
*Deferments will not be allowed at this time.