Will All West be able to troubleshoot my pods from the office—like you did with the GigaCenter?
Yes, we will be able to service all pods from any All West office.
Do these pods replace my current router?
The Plume system can replace your current router but is flexible enough to also work with your existing router setup. You need to connect one of the Plume Super Pods by Ethernet to your ISP modem or router to make it work. If you keep your router, make sure to turn off your old Wi-Fi. If your ISP modem has Wi-Fi, don’t forget to turn that off as well.
How many pods do I need?
For $9.95/month, you will receive up to 2 Plume SuperPods. Any additional pods are $2.99 per pod.
As a guideline, studio apartments require one SuperPod, 1-2 bedroom apartment or homes require 2 pods, and 3-4 bedroom homes require 3 pods. If your home has more than 4 bedrooms, is larger than normal or has an additional basement to cover, we recommend adding additional Super Pods to fit your needs.
Configuring Parental Controls in the Plume® App
Parental controls allow you to set content access rights for each profile or at the device level. You can also block or approve websites.
To set Parental Controls for a Person / Profile:
- Touch the People / Profile button on the main screen.
- Select the profile you would like to manage.
- Scroll down to the Online Content Experience.
- Select Content Access preference:
- No Limits – set by default
- Kid Appropriate – G rated content
- Teenager Friendly – PG-13 content
- No Adult Content – blocks sensitive content only appropriate for adults
- To approve or block a website, or view sites blocked by content filters, touch Manage Security Events
Wi-Fi Security in the Plume® App
Advanced security allows real-time protection against cyberthreats. Plus you can control which security features are enabled.
To setup or manage your Wi-Fi security:
- Touch the Menu button on the main screen.
- Touch the AI Security™ icon on top right.
- Enable the security features you want:
- Online Protection – activates real-time protection against ransomware, malware, and more.
- Advanced IoT Protection™ – protects your network and connected devices against hackers and cyber criminals.
- Adblocking – blocks loading of web and video ads.
- Touch Manage Security Events to see blocked content and threats.
Creating Profiles in the Plume® App
Profiles allow you to manage people in your household or a group of devices on your network.
Set up your first profile:
- Touch the People / Profile button on the main screen.
- Touch the circle in the middle of the main screen to add a new person.
- Enter a name or nickname for the profile
- Assign devices on your network to that profile. Touch the green check mark at the top right corner of the screen to save.
- Setup primary device – optional
- Touch Profile to open
- Touch Select Primary device
What does the LED light on my pod mean?
When initially plugging in any pod, the light should always turn solid for a moment, and then the LED will slowly pulse while it is trying to connect to the cloud. Once connected, the LED will then turn off. If there is no light at all when first plugging in the pod, check your outlet to ensure it has power. If the outlet is okay there may be something wrong with the pod.
Green Blinking LED – This could mean the following:
- Quick, repeating Double blinks – Pod is waiting for optimization to finish: You will also see “Optimizing your network” message in the app as well. Optimizations usually take a 2-3 minutes, depending on how many pods are connected. Optimizations can be triggered by a change in your environment such as high levels of interference, but will also happen overnight and immediately after initial setup.
- Quick Double blinks – Pod is being named: If you are in the process of naming this pod by scanning the pod.
- Green slow continuous pulse/breathing (dim to bright) – Pod is trying to connect with the cloud and depending on the circumstances could mean the following:
- This is normal before adding the pod to your account, the slow pulse will continue until the pod is added to the account and establishes a connection to the cloud.
- The pod has lost connection to the rest of your network, which could be a result of extremely poor signal to other pods, especially if the other pods are still online and you have not received a lost internet connectivity notification.
- Internet connectivity is lost. This is will be followed by a “Network is offline” notification. Try the app Self-Help tool to see if that fixes the problem.
- If you can’t see all the pods being claimed in your Plume® App and if you see a slow LED pulsing on the pod at the same time, contact All West support for assistance.
- Red rapid continuous blinking – There may be an issue with the onboard software. Contact All West support for assistance.
Red slow continuous blinking – Possible fan failure. Contact All West support for assistance.
I cannot download the Plume® App. What should I do?
Plume® App is compatible with iOS smartphone devices (iOS 9 or higher) and Android smartphone devices (4.4 or higher). If your device is not compatible with the Plume® App, it will not be available for download.
Please call our Customer Service team at 866-255-9378 and we will help you get an account created.
Where can I download the Plume® App?
You’ll need the Plume® App to set up your WiFi network. It has been designed to work and tested with iPhone 5 and above running iOS 9 and higher and with Android smartphones running Android 4.4 and higher.