If customers don’t know who you are, they can’t consider buying your product or service. If they do know who you are but can’t find you online—through a web search or on social media—they can’t make a connection with you or make a purchase. A solid online presence levels the playing field as your products and services can be seen by people around the world—not just in your city or town.
Consider these key elements when designing your website or setting up a social media presence:
- Understand who your audience is and who you are targeting; determine what value your product or service brings to the buyer or what problem you are solving.
- Engage your audience through valuable web and social content; think about what’s important to your audience and be a resource for them.
- Keep them engaged with fresh content, infographics, images, “how to” videos (if appropriate), contests, offers, etc.
- Identity and include a specific keyword phrase for each webpage; think about what words a potential customer would search on to find you.
- Resist the urge to use “Click here” links; be more descriptive. A link rich with keywords will improve SEO and adds value to your readers.
- For social media, link posts back to your website for added website traffic; keep a fair mix of promotional, educational and interactive social posts.
There are certainly a great number of other actions you can take to help increase your online presence—but this list is a good start. To ensure you can effectively manage all those new leads and orders coming to your site, call All West for a speed upgrade. Sign on for a 1-, 3- or 5-year contract and be treated to a special discount and locked-in pricing. Call 877.584.1581 to talk with one of our business sales consultants today. Phil or Bryce will be happy to assist you.