Due to the COVID-19 guidelines presented by the CDC, all May events have been postponed, but that doesn’t mean you can’t connect with friends and family through art and culture.
So, what can you do to stay connected? Technology can bring friends and family to you—wherever you are:
- Use Google Photos to upload and share albums—and get the conversation going. It’s like the old-timey slideshows without the slide projector and sheet on the wall.
- Get online and play a game. It can be as something as simple as Scrabble or faster-paced like Fortnite or Minecraft. Throw on a headset or use your computer speaker to talk with your teammates.
- Chat face-to-face, remotely. There are almost as many video chat apps as there are people!
- Check out the popular FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, Marco Polo or Skype. And these chats can more than just a conversation. Think about reading a bedtime story or singing a lullaby to your favorite little person faraway.
- Plan a virtual get-together via Zoom or Microsoft Teams. Schedule a team lunch or coffee break. Plan a happy hour or dinner party with friends and don’t forget about birthday celebrations!
- Exercise together through a virtual group Zumba, Yoga or other fitness class.
- Social media can keep you up-to-date on what your friends and family are doing. It’s a great way to share videos and photos as well. Facebook even lets you set up private groups and create events—virtual or real. Make sure you follow All West for the latest news, updated and tech information.
- Check out the popular Meet Up app to find groups based on your talents, skills, hobbies, likes, etc. Many have taken their groups online and found a way to keep the fun going.
- Take an online class. You can find anything from learning a new language to carpentry and crocheting online. Keep it local by searching your area’s adult ed center or college to see what courses they might have available.
- Enjoy a movie together. Netflix Party allows for group viewing and provides private chat rooms so you can interact with fellow viewers. You can even customize your party with fun user icons, nicknames, screenshots, emojis and GIFs.
- Share your Spotify music collection with friends and family. Create a unique list for a special someone or host a dance party.
Need more speed so you can have more fun? Contact our internet experts to upgrade today at 866.255.9378.